By using our online sites, products, and services (collectively, the "Service"), you agree that we may collect personally identifiable information (as defined below). We will not share your personally identifiable information except as described herein.
- Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information - personal information and anonymous information - and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. Personal Information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual's first and last name, postal address, e-mail address and/or telephone number. Anonymous Information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual (including an individual's computing device). Aggregate Information means information about groups or categories of individuals which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual. We may share Aggregate and Anonymous Information with other parties without restriction.
We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, which may include your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, username and password.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information. If you conduct transactions, we may collect and retain some or all of the information related to these transactions, including transaction amount(s), parties involved, time and manner of exchange, and other transaction circumstances.
- Information you provide in public forums on our Service. Please note that our sites and applications may offer chat, forums, community environments (including multiplayer gameplay) or other tools that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide Personal Information when you use any of these features, that Personal Information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. We have no obligation to keep private personally identifiable information that you have made available to other users or the public using these functions. To request removal of your Personal Information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications, please contact Customer Support.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms (such as social networking sites), or link your profile from a third-party site or platform to your registered account.
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open e-mails that we send.
Additionally there are a few special circumstances to note:
How We Collect Your Information
- Intellectual Property Claim Notices: If you notify us of an intellectual property claim, the information in your claim notice may be shared with other parties to the disagreement or third parties in our discretion and as required by law.
- Beta Service User: If you volunteer to serve as a beta participant for our pre-commercial content, we may track bug reports and individual system performance in an effort to test our technology rigorously before it is deployed.
- Former Customer: If you discontinue your use of our Service, we may keep your registration file in our database for use in the event that you elect to renew your use of our Service, as well as for anti-fraud and other such protective measures.
We collect information you provide to us when you request products, services or information from us, register with us, participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to customer inquiries or surveys, or otherwise interact with us.
Use of Your Information by High Fidelity
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
High Fidelity will be the data controller for your information, and will have access to your information for use for the following purposes (unless prohibited by law):
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or, as permitted, third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Except under certain limited circumstances as set forth here and in our Terms of Service, High Fidelity does not disclose to third parties the Personal Information or other account-related information that you provide to us without your permission. You understand, however, that High Fidelity may disclose your Personal Information or other account-related information under the following circumstances:
Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law, or to comply with legal process served on High Fidelity;
- In order to protect and defend the rights or interests of High Fidelity, its products and services, and/or the other users of such products and services;
- In order to report to law enforcement authorities, or assist in their investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, or to report any instance in which we believe a person may be in danger;
- To service providers with whom we have contracted to assist us with the features or operations (such as anti-fraud functions, billing, collections, registration, customer support, e-mail delivery, age verification), to fulfill your service requests, offer new content or help us improve our products and/or services. Our contracts with third parties prohibit them from using any of your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to the product or services they are providing;
- To other third parties (a) to provide you with services you have requested, (b) to offer you information about our products or services (e.g. events or features), or (c) to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). For instance, we may provide certain information to our payment processor, to credit card associations, banks or issuers (if you are using a credit card), to PayPal (if you are using a PayPal account), or to providers of other services you request. If you choose to use these third parties' products or services, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies. You should evaluate the practices of third party providers before deciding to use their services; and
- To other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
We will not share your Personal Information outside of High Fidelity except in limited circumstances, including:
Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
- When you allow us to share your Personal Information with another company, such as:
- Directing us to share your Personal Information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
- Please note that once we share your Personal Information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf; however, these companies are prohibited from using your Personal Information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- When we share Personal Information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business, to enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to comply with legal process or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
Comments and Questions
Notice to California Residents: